1. Who is eligible to apply?
All applicants enrolled currently as students (excluding open universities or community colleges) with valid student identification (including those graduating in 2022) are eligible to apply. All applicants should apply as individuals. Those applying as companies or businesses will not be considered. Each applicant is allowed to submit only one film proposal.
2. How do I apply?
Only online applications via the official website are accepted. Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Click [Submit] Your Project to access the online application portal.
Step 2: Click [Register] and enter a valid email address. A four-digit verification code will be sent to the email address you registered.
Step 3: Return to the online application portal to enter the code.
Step 4: Set up your account password on the application page and click [Save as Draft] to complete the account registration.
Step 5: Click [Edit/Submit], and you will be able to access your in-progress applications at any point.
3. Is there an application fee?
No, it is free to apply. However, submissions are limited to one film proposal per applicant.
4. Do I need to enter all information correctly upon application? Am I allowed to edit my application details?
The online application form can be edited unlimited times before submission. Please click on [Save as Draft] when updating details; the same goes for uploading files.
Note: Once you click Submit, you won't be able to edit your application.
5. Is my application considered complete after I submit my online application?
Only online applications are accepted; therefore, the application is complete after the form is submitted. Our system will send an automated notification email to the email address you signed up for an account.
6. Can applications be submitted in paper form?
All applications are to be submitted online.
7. Will there be an interview session?
No. Finalists will be selected based on the information and materials submitted in their application.
8. When will the final results be announced?
Finalists will be selected and announced in early June.
Talent Village & Production Schedule
1. When should I arrive in Taiwan to join the Talent Village Workshop?
Finalists are required to join in the entire course of the Talent Village Workshop scheduled to take place in early August in Taiwan. Finalists should arrive in Taiwan before the workshop and undergo quarantine in compliance with epidemic prevention regulations as announced by the Ministry of Health and Welfare. This program will cover quarantine expenses.
2. When should I leave Taiwan?
After the Talent Village ends, finalists can spend time searching for related materials and shooting video footage. Finalists can plan their shooting schedule and departure date freely as long as the production work-in-progress is updated regularly to the mentors and they have sufficient material.
3. Where will I stay during the Talent Village Workshop?
All finalists will stay at the same accommodation site as coordinated by the organizer, including meals. More details will be finalized and sent after the finalists are announced.
4. Should travel and accommodation expenses happen after the workshop ends, will they be subsidized?
No. Additional expenses outside of the workshop period shall be accounted for as part of the film production funding.
5. Should post-production be completed in Taiwan?
It‘s not necessary. Finalists can undergo post-production after their departure but regularly keep their mentor updated on their work-in-progress and submit their final film in the required format by October 12, 2022.
6. How will the meetings with our mentor proceed?
The meetings will be conducted online.
7. In what format should the final film be delivered?
Final films should be delivered in 4K video file format.
8. What happens if a film is not completed by the submission deadline?
Finalists should submit all required material per program checkpoints as stated. Final films should be submitted by October 12, 2022, after each finalist‘s designated mentor is reviewed. Violators will be asked to return their production funding to the organizer.